*** Please note this competition is now over, thank you everyone for your great entries! Full details of the winners will be announced soon ***
It’s one thing taking a photo that you’re really happy with, but it’s another to be able to proudly display it on your wall – and that’s what we’re offering in our very first photo contest on LearningTheLight.com!
Courtesy of Easy Canvas Prints, we have 2 photo canvases to give away: A large, 16″ x 20″ (worth $89) for the overall winner (to be judged by myself), and a 11″ x 14″ (worth $62) for the photo with the most ‘likes’.
Yep, I did just mention ‘likes’ – as this is going to be a Facebook contest. The theme is My Proudest Photo – and all you need to do to enter is to put up the photo you’re most proud of on our Facebook wall, and include a comment about just why you’re so proud of your shot. As the whole point of this site is to learn more about photography, I thought it’d be nice if you could include a few sentences about how you took the photo, what it is about the shot that makes you proud of it, and so on…
I’ll be looking at both the quality of the photo and your accompanying ‘story’ when judging for the main prize – so even if it’s a small ‘I’m proud of this shot because I finally got the blurred background I’ve been trying to get for ages’, or ‘I’m proud of this because I got the eyes tack-sharp’, please do write a bit about it. The more the merrier; and if you can be helping others by telling us ‘how you got the shot’, that’d be great.
As I said, I’ll be judging for the main prize, but the smaller photo canvas will be going to the photo with the most ‘likes’ – anyone can vote on people’s photos, and you can vote for everyone’s if you wish – but you can only vote once for each photo (luckily, that’s the way ‘liking’ on Facebook works, anyway – you can’t ‘like’ the same thing more than once!). After you’ve put the photo on our wall, you can increase the chance of getting more likes by sharing it on your own profile and asking your friends to vote for you if you’d like!
If you’re a winner, you can choose to have your winning photo made into the canvas, or any other photo of yours. I’ll also feature the winning photos here on the site, too.
Please note, however, that as Easy Canvas Prints only deliver within the US, I’m afraid this competition is only open to US residents. Sorry about that, folks – I hope to offer some UK and rest of world prizes for future competitions.
How To Enter
- Visit our page on Facebook, and ‘like’ us if you haven’t already done so (you’ll need to do this so you can post on our wall).
- Put the photo you’re most proud of on our Wall.
- Include a comment about why you’re so proud of it. Remember, for the large canvas prize I’ll be judging both the photo and ‘story’, so please do include as much info as you can – if you can be helping others take similiar shots in the future, all the better!
And that’s all you need to do. The smaller canvas will be going to the photo with the most ‘likes’, so feel free to share your photo on your own profile, too, or asking your friends to vote for you.
You have until October 31st 2011 to put your photo on our wall; a few days after that I’ll announce both my winner (for the large canvas), and the photo with the most ‘likes’ (for the smaller canvas – so, the earlier you get the photo up on our wall, the larger your chance will be of getting the most likes!).
- This contest is only open to US residents (excluding Alaska, Hawaii and PO Boxes).
- Competition ends on October 31st 2011.
- To qualify, post the photo you’re most proud of on our Facebook wall, and include a comment about why you’re so proud of it. There are no minimum or maximum lengths for this comment, just write as much as you wish.
- The 16″ x 20″ canvas prize will go to the person with the best photo AND story, and will be judged by myself.
- The 11″ x 14″ canvas prize will go the photo with the most ‘likes’ on Facebook.
- The top photo within this blog post is for illustrative purposes only, and does not reflect the actual canvas/size of the prize (image by BuhSnarf on Flickr, used with a creative commons license).
- We will get in touch with you in November if you have won, via Facebook. If we haven’t heard back from you within a week, we reserve the right to award your prize to someone else.
- As we will feature the winning photos on LearningTheLight.com too, please only enter if you are happy with this. We will of course link to your blog/website/Flickr profile etc, should we feature your photo on site.
- Our decision is final. Oh yes it is.
Good luck everyone, I’m really looking forward to seeing your proudest photos!